Tuesday, March 27, 2007

A Good Memory

A few days ago was the fifth anniversary of the death of Philips' Dad , Lawton. Hard to believe it's been that long. He was one of the most wonderful, devilish, incorrigible, funny men I have ever known. He and I had a great give and take relationship. When he and my son Travis got together there was no telling what mischief would occur! Few days go by that don't bring back memories of Lawton. They are good memories.

(Posted by Jude)

Here's the link to read all about the whistle: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news031807.htm.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:10 AM

    It was this time 5 yrs ago that I was planning my Spring Break in Ocracoke, hoping for another visit with my (Great-Great) Uncle Lawton. I was very sad that my last visit with him would never happen the way I'd hoped. He is still one of my fondest childhood memories of Ocracoke! I hope that the videos I have can portray even 1/10th of the joy he brought to my visits to the island, so that my children will understand why this little, historic island holds my heart!

    ReplyDelete