Thursday, October 11, 2007

Playing Catch Up

I meant to write a journal entry yesterday. Really I did. But I have been playing catch up since I returned home. You know what I mean -- bills, emails, family, friends, mowing the lawn, laundry....and, of course, work.

And the Village Craftsmen has been busy for this time of year. Of course, Kelly, our summer employee, is now gone, and Dallie has been off island this week. So Jude and I are keeping things going.

But we have been blessed with warm, pleasant weather. I did join Amy for a walk on the beach right after I got home (including a dip in the ocean -- the water is warm and very inviting!), but that wasn't to be yesterday. Although shop owners are happy for the continued revenue, I believe many folks are becoming wistful for cooler weather and a slower pace.

For those of our readers who speak German, here is a link to a recent article in "Welt Online" about Ocracoke Island: http://www.welt.de/welt_print/article1185798/Der_schnste_Strand_der_USA.html

Our latest monthly newsletter is Lou Ann's story of commercial clamming with 13 year old Morty. You can read it here.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:25 AM

    Thanks for the link to the German article, pretty neat.

    If you can't read German - go to http://babelfish.altavista.com and paste in the link, choose "German to English" and it will translate the page for you. It's pretty tedious to read that way, but at least you can read it. :-)

    ReplyDelete