Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Decorations

Lachlan is counting the days down until Christmas. Ocracoke has one more week of school until the break and then the kids will really be focused on Christmas day coming. There are lights and decorations all over the island, but here are a few photos from Christmas decorations on the way to school. I'll try to get more photos of decorations, but I'm not promising anything. My camera has not been the most reliable lately.

Village Craftsmen with a locally made cedar wreath:



Festive Ocracoke United Methodist Church entrance:



Rudolph minivan:



--------------------------------------------------------------------

Click on the photo below to view a selection of blown glass from Village Craftsmen's online catalog.



Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is a history of the early twentieth century Doxsee Clam Factory on Ocracoke island. Click on the following link to go directly there: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news112110.htm.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:32 AM

    Philip, what an unexpected treat to see your blog this morning featuring the beautiful handmade cedar wreath on The Village Craftsmen shoppe and the pretty, sunny photo of the lovely decorated Methodist Church front doors!

    I have never seen the Christmas decorations on Ocracoke Island until now. I played for a friend's wedding in the Methodist Church, October 2009, and I have a lot of memories from that day. The traditional wreaths with the Christmas red bows against those double white wooden doors are breathtaking!

    I hope your camera will allow you to share more of the charming Christmas decorations scattered around Ocracoke.

    How special! Trust me, we mainlanders love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:50 AM

    Wonderful. Whose minivan? Do we know? And where can we get some antlers and a big red nose for our vehicles? Love 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:45 AM

    I love the holiday photos - oh please send more.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:04 PM

    The vehicle antlers and nose are all over the internet -- from Amazon.com on down the alphabet -- priced from $10.00 to $20.00, depending on the vendor. Good fun. Are they for sale on Ocracoke?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Car antlers are not for sale on the island...at least not that I know of, but I saw some for $6.00at a discount store when I was off-island.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:23 PM

    Maybe I'll just wait until after Christmas so I can buy them at half price.

    ReplyDelete