Monday, June 20, 2011

Catching Up

It was a whirlwind week! Lou Ann's family had a wonderful vacation on Ocracoke. Her three sons, their wives, and their four children didn't miss much. They went clamming and fishing (I know we have photos....I'll post them later in the week), took my boat to Portsmouth Island (they only had to get out and pull the boat over one shoal), spent several afternoons body surfing and playing in the ocean, hosted dinners of fried fish and clam chowder, went to Amy's & my Monday evening show, joined us on a Ghost & History Walk, enjoyed music & storytelling at the Wednesday evening Ocracoke Opry, played ball in their yard, visited Village Craftsmen and several other shops, and generally had a super family vacation.

There is more news from Ocracoke, of course. Our new island Little League team, the Raptors, won the championship. I'll post more about that soon. Our local radio station hosted their third annual women's arm wrestling championship, and Ocracoke Preservation Society has been busy with several projects.

Internet access has been spotty the last several days...that's the reason for no post yesterday, and one of the reasons this post is later than usual. I think I'll publish this one right now while I have Internet access. Look for more news and updates this coming week.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:02 PM

    Whirlwind vacation-I'll say! Sounds like y'all had a grand time, but Philip, with such an exhausting schedule, it must have been tough keeping up. I don't know how Lu Ann's family did it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. debbie s.3:22 PM

    Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don Davis8:55 PM

    Congrats to the Raptors! What an incredible accomplishment to win the championship in their first year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:36 PM

    And, some people say "there's nothing to do @ Ocracoke!!!!!".....what a perfect vacation and one Lou Ann's family will remember for a long time to come. I bet Lachlan misses having everyone around.

    Thanks for updating your bloggers as you always do, Philip.

    Good for the local little league team! Hip Hip Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:22 AM

    Way to go Raptors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:41 AM

    Raptors! I listened to the game on the radio -- WOVV 90.1 FM -- and it was awesome. We need more of this stuff.

    ReplyDelete