Thursday, August 21, 2008

Crab Quiche

A couple of days ago David and I put another meal together (Amy was off island for the day). David made two crusts (one was an experiment...he added a bit of fig juice to the mixture), and brought over a yellow and a red bell pepper from his garden. I picked the crab meat, cut up onion and broccoli, and put together the egg mixture. I also made a refreshing summertime salad of cucumber and onion (marinated in water and vinegar). Friends from the mainland (Michael & Constance) came with a bottle of wine, and we sat down to a delicious dinner. Michael entertained us with a magic trick, and I brought out my wooden dancing man (a "limber-jack" it's called). Alas, I had to leave to meet my walking tour, so I left the cleanup for my guests! I believe they'll come back again, anyway.

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is "One Reason to NOT Move to Ocracoke." You can read it here.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:29 PM

    Philip,
    That sounds REALLY good!!! Carol in Ohio (not the artist)
    What time is supper tomorrow night. It would be worth the 13 hour drive just to taste a bit of fresh crab.

    ReplyDelete