Friday, August 29, 2008

An Evening Out

Went to the Pub last night with a friend. I hadn't been out to eat in a while. Conversation turned to island life, family & friends, the weather, and national politics. Since I don't have a TV Bill invited me to his house to hear Obama's speech. We decided to take in the Molasses Creek concert first, and their show was excellent. A thirteen year old fiddle player, Harry, from Richmond, joined them for a couple of numbers. What a beautiful sound. Harry was all smiles afterward.

After the speech I biked home and started my latest book, The Mascot, the true story of a small Jewish boy who was orphaned, and then "adopted" by Nazi soldiers in WWII. I could hardly put it down, but sometime after 1 am I turned off the light. I awoke this morning to a sunnier day.

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is the story of the wreck of the Victoria S, and Ocracoke's first automobile accident. You can read it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment