Sunday, November 28, 2004

Car Thief!

Recently I heard this story about one of my island neighbors:

He was in Norfolk, at a car dealer's and had just purchased a brand new vehicle. He had traded in his old clunker amd was driving his new car out of the lot when, in his rear-view mirror, he noticed the salesman flagging him down.

The salesman wanted to know how to get the trade-in's key out of the ignition. It seemed to have oxidized and was stuck. "I don't know," was the answer. "I've never had the key out of the ignition."

Oh, by the way, I found my pick-up truck. I should have guessed. My son-in-law had borrowed it. He just didn't return it to where he'd found it. The scotch bonnet is still on the dash.



1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:16 PM

    Now here in rural Ohio, we do take our keys out of the ignition, however when we get home from work we place the keys on the top of the car so that in the morning we'll always know where they are. One morning I couldn't find my keys as they had slipped behing the luggage bar and couldn't be seen. I used a spare set, and drove to a nearby town. When I got out of my car, I noticed my keys still sitting up on top right where I had left them. The town was only 20 miles away. Some miracle huh? Have a good one and keep telling those wonderful stories. Carol

    ReplyDelete