Thursday, July 21, 2011

About Facebook

Several weeks ago I signed up for Facebook because we decided Village Craftsmen should have that exposure...and I needed to join to be one of the administrators.

Frankly, I never wanted to be on Facebook (writing this blog nearly every day often takes more time and energy than I plan on spending at the computer). So...even though I am on Facebook I want all of our readers to know that I don't maintain the Village Craftsmen site (Jude has graciously agreed to do that), and I never look at my personal Facebook page.

If you have requested to be my "friend" or have posted a message for me, please accept my apologies for not responding. It is just "not my thing." My life is so full of creative, family, and outdoor activities that I don't want to spend time on one more computer-based endeavor.

I'm off to the beach, or on my way to my boat. I'll be back tomorrow!

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is Lou Ann's story of a gathering of islanders to celebrate the midnight blooming of a Cereus cactus. You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news072111.htm.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:02 AM

    I get exactly what you are saying, Philip about FB!!! I confess I'm on it, too, but the novelty has worn off and I don't even go to the web-site but once a week now, if that often.

    Enjoy your day away from computers! Goodness! If I lived on Ocracoke Island, I don't know if I would even own a computer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:52 AM

    Thank you so much for your posts here. I read it first thing every morning. It's my Ocracoke fix for the day. Please keep sharing all your stories and adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:08 AM

    When one joins face book you add to the value of the company. You add to the "treasure Trove" of accessible marketing information that programmers develop algorithms for the page specific ads to appear. The cookie bakers --an innocent thing a cookie has electronically transformed into something sinister-- What bugs me --- bloggers that call their blog a daily blog and don't post daily -- just drop the daily. How many bloggers visit your site??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:54 PM

    All those who relish Philip's "Occasional" Journal of Daily Island Life, please say aye: Aye!

    Thanks, Philip.

    You know, you've crossed my path twice over the years: once walking into the Variety Store, and once on the boardwalk coming from the beach with your grandson and another fellow as me and mine were going out. I resisted the urge to introduce myself. Clearly you're busy enough here, with your business, your family, your friends. I didn't want to intrude.

    Next time, though, I hope you'll forgive me a handshake and a quick thanks--for sharing your observations and your knowledge that so many of us out here look forward to every day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:09 AM

    As one who visits Ocracoke not nearly enough, let me encourage you, Anon 10:54, to catch up w/ Philip on your next visit because he is quite congenial and I suspect would gladly extend that handshake to you.

    Moreover, as one NC mainlander who did go up the steps to the porch @ the popular Community Store one exceptionally fine, autumn day in October '09, Philip was as friendly to me as if I was a "local" sitting on his pizer, having a typical chat.

    So, I hope you do get the opportunity to catch up w/ Philip, "the unofficial mayor of O.I." one day and have that chat. You'll enjoy the time and appreciate the memory. I know you will....because I certainly still enjoy the memory from my little chat! Nothing planned....purely spontaneous, but such a pleasant Ocracoke memory. Simple and genuine....just another reason Ocracoke is so special and unique.

    Thanks, Philip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:16 AM

    A big Thank-You to Philip for his time and expertise on Ocracoke Blog!
    I have to get my daily "fix". Can't wait til I'm on island time again...Aug 6.

    Aye Philip!
    Have a great Ocracoke day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the kind words. From May, 2009 until the present this blog has had 243,804 page views. Already today (Monday, July 25) there have been 229 page views.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:35 PM

    No comment...the numbers tells it all!

    ReplyDelete