Thursday, July 07, 2011

Did You Say Bawdy?

Some time ago I heard that the Raleigh Tavern in Colonial Williamsburg hosts an evening show of bawdy songs from the colonial era.

Ocracoke also has a long tradition of earthy humor. This summer Lou Ann, Sundae, and Marcy have put together an entertaining one hour show of bawdy songs and stories for a discrimitating adult audience. They have scheduled their performance for 9 o'clock Friday evenings at the Deepwater Theater. Shows will continue through early August.

If you would enjoy a fun-filled hour of hillarious racy songs and stories be sure to come out to the theater on School Road. There will be riotous laughter and high spirits!



(Click on photo to view a larger image.)

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is a modern day ghost tale, "Ode to Mrs. Godfrey," by guest columnist Tom McDonald. You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news062111.htm.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:38 AM

    I am shocked . . . SHOCKED . . . I tell you to learn this news.

    Besides that, by nine o'clock I'm ready for bed.

    I'll wait for the CD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. debbie s.8:11 AM

    i bet its a riot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:41 AM

    Looks like some fun women out to have a fun filled nite - as always on OI. Can't wait. I'll be first in line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Which one is Faith? Hope? Charity? Sounds like good fun for grown-ups. You go, girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious. Delightful. De-lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:02 PM

    Ocracoke -A long history of bawdy humor? Have never heard this .Tell me more. HOW long & HOW bawdy?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Earthy humor...my, my...it has been a part of Ocracoke Island life as long as I can remember. At times when a bunch of us sit around the kitchen table sharing stories someone will tell me I should start another blog...maybe one that folks could subscribe to, and for which they would need a special password...where I could share these racy Ocracoke stories. But, alas, it takes enough of my time to keep up with this family friendly blog...so I guess if you want to hear these stories you'll just have to move here and live here long enough for folks to trust you with our wildest secrets!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:40 AM

    We all have done that privately since forever. I thought you meant publicly for entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous2:20 PM

    Telling some off color jokes among companions is universal & timeless. I thought you meant OI had a history of telling them in a public place for entertainment.

    ReplyDelete