Sunday, December 09, 2007

Mid-December

I don't know what the temperature was today. I only know that I walked on the beach this morning in a long sleeve shirt, but by half way through I was down to my t-shirt. This afternoon Lachlan and I spent two hours at the beach. In short order Lachlan was barefooted and bare-chested. As Lachlan played with his trucks and shovel, and ran up and down the dunes, I lay in the sun and watched pelicans and dolphins.

As we sat there by the walk-over ramp quite a few folks passed by. Everyone was local, so we stopped and chatted. People were walking dogs, running, strolling, doing exercises, or just enjoying the day. Everyone had a comment about the day: "Isn't it glorious!" "What a beautiful day." "Can you believe it's the middle of December?" "Isn't it wonderful!"

We know it won't last, but it sure was nice. I was even tempted to jump in the ocean!

Our latest Newsletter is about the old Howard cemetery on British Cemetery Road. You can read the stories here.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:36 AM

    Winter time on Ocracoke beach is always the best... dolphins & no people... but wow you guys are having some great weather! I'm jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete