Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Barefoot on the Beach

Yesterday was the perfect "spring" day. Everyone wanted to be outside -- working in the garden, fixing up a shed, washing the car, or just walking about. It was the first day this year that I could sit on my porch and eat lunch without a sweatshirt. I spent the morning making repairs on the Village Craftsmen porch wearing just a T-shirt. And Amy and I went for a barefoot stroll on the beach in the afternoon. Lachlan came along (sans shirt and shoes), and even splashed in the surf a bit. But I hear there might be some more "winter weather" coming our way this weekend. In the meanwhile we'll just enjoy what we have now.

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is Lou Ann's story of participating in the 2008 Christmas Bird Count on Portsmouth Island. You can read it here.

To read about Philip's new book, Digging up Uncle Evans, History, Ghost Tales, & Stories from Ocracoke Island, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment