Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Laundry

Want to save money? Help the environment? Check out this web site:

http://www.laundrylist.org/


My laundry early this morning:



Be sure to take a look at the top 10 reasons to air dry your clothes. (I enjoyed the positive proof of global warming, also!)

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is Lou Ann's story of participating in the 2008 Christmas Bird Count on Portsmouth Island. You can read it here.

To read about Philip's new book, Digging up Uncle Evans, History, Ghost Tales, & Stories from Ocracoke Island, please click here.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:22 AM

    When I was a kid, my Mom always line dried our clothes. Now, at 52, I still do, too. Heck, particularly in the summertime in Texas, the clothesline is FASTER than the drier!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:27 AM

    I like the smell of clothes after they've dried outside. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:35 AM

    well not every neighborhood is free of deed restrictions. Covenants of many "modern" developments prohibit outside laundry lines and this is during the hey day of the gas/oil crunch of the 1980's. Now, with the economy the way it is -- more free time on their hands and all ( No Job ) cutting back on expenses, perhaps there will be a resurgence of this down home approach to household tasks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:48 AM

    There is nothing better than climbing in bed with sheets that have been hung out to dry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:47 AM

    I love the Laundry Basket. Is it crafted by an Ocracoke Basket Weaver?
    Do You remove your shirts when damp to iron them wrinkle free? Those where the days. The composition of the picture is spot on I want to use it as my screen Saver. What do you use to mow the lawn?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The laundry basket came from a thrift shop on the northern Outer Banks; I seldom iron my shirts, but once in a while I do; and I mow my lawn with a power mower (my grandparents used chickens).

    ReplyDelete