Friday, May 28, 2010

Descarte Revisited

Yesterday evening I was invited to an open house hosted by new Ocracoke Island property owners, Trisha and Gary. As it turned out the sixth grader who shared the joke with me three days ago was at the gathering with her parents. Her name is Caroline Temple. She was pleased that I had posted our encounter on the Journal. Caroline's brother Emmet overheard our conversation and offered another version of the joke:

Rene Descartes enters a bar. The bartender beckons him to the bar and asks, "Would you like a beer, sir?"

"Of course," replies Descartes, "I drink, therefore I am."


Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is Captain Rob's essay, "Schooner Windfall Sails into the Final Sunset." You can read it here:http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news052110.htm.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:00 AM

    They are both clever beyond their years. We anticipate greatness out of them...and Myriah, of course

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:14 PM

    I got the joke this time around!

    ReplyDelete