Sunday, September 09, 2007

Update

The wind has picked up some (to about 15 mph), and a very light rain has just begun to fall. As an official report says, "such conditions certainly are not newsworthy, particularly for Ocracoke, if not for it being a tropical event." Gabrielle appears to be tracking almost directly over Ocracoke, however.

Forecasters indicate that winds may reach 45 - 55 mph before the storm passes by. There is no cause for alarm. I think I will shut down my computers, pick up my latest book, and enjoy the breeze. See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:39 PM

    Sounds to me like the storm is going to be a big disappointment for the media...even though they will for sure find something blown down,over,or away to justify some fool reporter standing in the wind to tell the rest of us how bad the storm is! I'll take your reports any day, Philip! And enjoy the breeze and your book!

    ReplyDelete