Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Aliph, Connie, & Philip

I know I have published this photo before, but since it is one of my favorites, I am sharing it again.



















I was about six years old, sitting with my mother on my grandmama Aliph's porch. Notice how close to the ground the house sits. My father told me the sea tide washed through the downstairs windows during the great September storm of 1933. But the house still stands (now raised several feet!).

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is an account of the 2013 Portsmouth Island Christmas Bird Count. You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news012114.htm.

6 comments:

  1. " ...(now raised several feet!). " that probably helps keep the carpet dry during most storm surges... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And this year, maybe provides some additonal insulation from the cold and snow. I imagine folks will be talking about this year for quite some time. What a winter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:41 AM

    The only thing we can hope for is WARM THOUGHTS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:48 AM

    About the only thing we can hope for isWARM THOUGHTS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:06 AM

    I think my smartphone just outsmarted me. Sorry my comment should have been in Tuesday's post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:25 PM

    Philip, woildn't you like to be that age again and start all over.Doing everything that you've already done is fine, just the thought of restarting over is a good thought sometimes.

    ReplyDelete