Monday, April 23, 2018

Ocracoke Lodge No. 194, I.O.O.F.

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is the story of Ocracoke Lodge No. 194, Independent Order of Odd Fellows. After dissolution of the Lodge in 1924, the building (built in 1901) was converted to a private residence, then a coffee shop, and eventually became the center section of the Island Inn and Restaurant.

Ocracoke Odd Fellows Lodge No. 194















You can read the Newsletter here: https://www.villagecraftsmen.com/island-inn-lodge-no-194-independent-order-odd-fellows/

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:59 AM

    Phil,

    Nice little write up. My last mane has an "h" in it.

    I too appreciate history, have a history degree from Greensboro College. Next time I am over will try to stop by and give you a little more accurate account of the years of the Touhey ownership. Take care.
    Bob touhey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob, I corrected the spelling of your name. Yes, please stop by sometime so I can fill in some gaps. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete