Thursday, June 07, 2012

Whose Child is This?

I don't get many mass forwarded emails, and of those I do get there are very few that I don't immediately delete. But a week or so ago I received this forwarded message from a schooner captain whose name I will not share:

Lobster Puzzle:
This is much more fun than that old picture where you tried to find the man's face in coffee beans.
Every so often a clever picture comes along that camouflages something for us to find. This is one such picture.

Hidden within this picture, I am told, are two lobsters. Go ahead and try to find them.

If you find the lobsters in 5 minutes, the left side of your brain is normal.
I looked for 15 minutes and couldn't find them. I guess my brain is "abnormal."
I am told women find the lobsters much quicker.
It probably has something to do with the wiring in the brain.

Good luck ----Check below: 

[Here was inserted a full color photo of a gorgeous young woman in a bikini holding two huge lobsters.]

The other day Lachlan asked me if he could play a computer game. I forgot that the above-mentioned email was open on my laptop. I walked into the room just as he was finishing reading and looking at the email.

"I don't see any lobsters," he said without a hint of irony!

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is a list of a few traditional Ocracoke Island recipes. You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news052112.htm.

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:32 AM

    I think she was only wearing a thong. Made finding the lobsters a lot harder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. debbie s.10:22 AM

    as a woman, i found them immediately. My husband still doesnt see them ;) lololololol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bill from Waxhaw/Beaufort12:50 PM

    Phillip,

    I googled Lobster Puzzle and several sites showed a
    beautiful lady, but not one
    had any lobsters. I guess
    they were cropped out of
    the photo for some reason.

    Bill W.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:59 PM

    Where is the photo?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:59 PM

    Philip! Tell it all! She's not in a bikini -- at least not on top. It's bottoms only and a full-on view of everything else.
    Men. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. debbie s.1:13 PM

    anon- google it- i imagine since it wasnt 'family friendly' philip didn't post it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm...I spent 15 minutes looking at the photo. I never saw a woman, but the lobsters were nice.
    Lou Ann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous3:28 PM

    I would comment, but I don't think I could top Lou Ann's.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's an optical delusion. Them ain't lobsters.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vickie5:46 PM

    That Y chromosome will get you guys every time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous2:22 PM

    I think this post will be the one to go viral. Sounds like Ed Zackary disease the lobsters are ed zachary where you think they are.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous6:33 PM

    How old is Lachlan?????

    ReplyDelete