Monday, February 27, 2006

Greetings from Indiana!

Hello to all of our readers. I'm sorry I haven't written in the last few days. On my way out to see Lou Ann I came down with a head and chest cold. I drove for two days "under the weather" and then stayed in bed for two more days. I am slowly recuperating.

I came to see the theater production Lou Ann directed here in northeast Indiana -- The Vagina Monologues. All proceeds went to a local advocacy group to help prevent violence against women. The show was supported by a host of organizations and individuals, including the town mayor and state representative who both helped usher. The theater was almost sold out and the performance was superb. At the curtain call the enthusiastic audience rose as one to offer a standing ovation. Congratulations Lou Ann!

Back home, I'm told, the contra dance and workshop was a huge success. David & Amy told me that they had two parties in my house while I was gone. The dancers, musicians, and other friends gathered after the festivities each night to relax.

I also had a phone call from a neighbor who wanted to borrow my pickup truck to pick up some furniture in Manteo. "Sure," I said. "Do you know where the truck is right now?" "Well," he said, "actually, it's in my driveway." So not much has changed on the island since I've been gone.

You can read our latest newsletter here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news021806.htm. It's the story of the US Life Saving Station on Ocracoke and the wreck of the A.F. Crockett on February 17, 1885.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment