Sunday, February 19, 2006

Winter has Returned

For all of our readers who may have been envying our 70 degree temperatures last week, this is a good time to remember that we do get cold weather here on the island now and then. Right now it is only 35 degrees with about a 15 mph breeze. The forecast calls for lows tonight in the upper 20s. It is bright and sunny, however, so I think I'll don a sweater, knit cap, heavy jacket, & gloves, and take a stroll along the surf. Maybe I'll check my freeze protection on the pipes under my buildings first so I don't need to do that after dark.

Our current monthly Ocracoke Newsletter is Gary Mitchell's essay "I Believe in Pot-Lucks," published January 23, 2006. You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news012306.htm.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment