Monday, February 06, 2006

Update to Tech Problems

I've worked on the problem journal entries this afternoon (see today's earlier post) and think I've corrected the mistakes. I had copied a press release about the Island Path Workshops that contained a lot of extraneous html computer code (don't worry these were not viruses, just harmless web site code), that caused scrolling problems when viewing my pages.

I've deleted the html code and that seems to have fixed the issue (I found a computer that was experiencing the left to right scrolling problems and everything looks fine there now).

Please let me know if you are still having problems with the journal (don't forget to refresh your page to check if it's working correctly). And thanks to all the folks who responded to my call for help. It's nice to know that so many great people out there enjoy keeping up on news from the island.

Our current monthly Ocracoke Newsletter is Gary Mitchell's essay "I Believe in Pot-Lucks," published January 23, 2006. You can read it here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news012306.htm.

.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:10 PM

    Phil,

    No problems on this end.
    Just watched the 4pm ferry leave, my daily R&R. I'm running our local Hardware store, while the owners take a 3 week drive to AZ for vacation. Like you it's slow here in the NC mountains without the tourist around.

    And YES we all do love keeping up with the events from the island!! THANKS for taking the time to keep us all informed.

    Take Care,

    Nollie Neill, Jr.
    Saddle Mtn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:22 PM

    PS - By the way are they dredging the Lake?? Saw something unusual out in the middle. - Nollie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:38 PM

    The last two comments in this link allude to the possible existence of Ocracoke webcams. I had a link a year or two ago to one or two, but they seem to have gone dormant. Can anyone share links to active Ocracoke webcams?

    ReplyDelete