Friday, March 14, 2008

Dinner with the Abells

Last night I invited Kitty and Katy and Timmy & Susana Abell over to my house for dinner. The Abells will be performing tonight at Deepwater Theater. I did not know the Abells, but had plenty of food planned. It just seemed like the right thing to do to share my meal with them.

I had been watching Lachlan for several hours and I let him play upstairs while I prepared the meal (pasta salad, broccoli soup, and bread). He joined us at 7 o'clock. The six of us sat around the big Lazy Susan table (one that I purchased years ago from the Sam Jones estate). We chatted about the arts, the island, and Asheville (where the Abells hail from).

It's beginning to feel more and more like the season is upon us.

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is a fun island crossword puzzle. You can view it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment