Friday, March 07, 2008

What Happened?

I must be losing it. I knew I had not posted anything yesterday, but I guess it's been two whole days! It's hard to believe, but I've been busy -- pot luck dinners (of course), babysitting, Internet orders, visiting, family get-togethers, & painting, among other things.

This morning I'll be attending a Scenic Byways meeting, then getting David's Uncle & Aunt started on one of our new MP3 tours (more about them in another post). Another meeting this afternoon, more babysitting, and then my weekly poker game. Amy & David will be enjoying a progressive gourmet dinner this evening, a benefit for the Ocracoke Youth Center (that's why I am babysitting).

One more thing -- Just to clarify for a reader who left a recent comment (and for any others), there is no bridge to Ocracoke Island. The bridges (plural) that I have mentioned recently are replacements for the ones that have spanned the small island creeks for many years. You will still need to take a ferry to get to Ocracoke (I'm happy to say). Sorry for any confusion.

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is a fun island crossword puzzle. You can view it here.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:55 PM

    glad to see you're back - missed daily accounts! we'll be down to see you next week! Am hoping to bring pictures of Jude's kitten,
    Angus. Our our son, Rick, adopted him and he's so cute and fun!
    Stan & Marcy Desulis
    Richmond, Va.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:17 PM

    Or... you could take the tunnel.

    ReplyDelete