Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Off-Island

I was off-island yesterday for my 6-month dental check-up, and to renew my driver's license. We left at 7:30 am to catch the 8 o'clock ferry, and returned home on the 8 pm ferry. It was a long trip (and hardly a pleasure outing...though it was reassuring to hear that my teeth are in pretty good shape...and we did take time to tour the Elizabeth II in Manteo), but it provided an opportunity for some distraction from Saturday's tragedy.

Waiting in the ferry line with other islanders last night we did learn a few more details about the explosion. And Warner has provided a web address with a report on the four people who were killed in the accident. You can read that here:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/5506069/

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is the second half of my father's short journal. I call it Remembering Growing up on Ocracoke. You can read it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment