Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Wednesday Morning

I didn't get to my computer this morning. Instead Lachlan came over for breakfast (just cereal and fruit). Then he joined Lou Ann & me on the pizer to welcome the new day. Before long it was time to get our bathing suits on, pack some snacks, and get on our bikes. We were ready for an excursion to Springer's Point. As usual, we had a great time exploring the plants on the path, then splashing about in the water. On the way back home we stopped at the Community Store for cold drinks before Lachlan's 11 a.m. swim class at the Island Inn.

Lunch was simple. Just peanut butter crackers, cheese, and fruit juice. Lachlan is now at Sundae & Rob's house, playing with Mariah Daisy. And I'm back home catching up on email and other details. Maybe I'll find a few moments to relax in the hammock with my book before working on our Wednesday night Opry show.

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is the second half of my father's short journal. I call it Remembering Growing up on Ocracoke. You can read it here.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:07 AM

    Hi Phillip! I couldn't find your email, and I don't know much about how to blog or comment, but I am pasting the email I tried to send to you here, so I hope that's alright. My address is "tjrogge@in-tch.com".
    I am returning to Ocracoke, yet again, this time with a small group of Montana women and my mom from NC.

    We will be there Sept. 24-29, 2009. Will you be around?

    One of my friends is most interested in history and would like to read a book on Blackbeard before our trip. Do you have any recommendations? I will forward your website to her also.

    We are staying at one of the women's homes out in the newer flats, near where Nord & Izzy & Gus lived.

    Montana is treating me well, and I still love it here, as well as Tim, Saila & Sarabeth!

    I would love to have some time for us to visit when I'm there.

    I know it's your busy season, and I hope all is going well. I'd love to hear from you if you get a chance!

    Take Care & I hope to see you in September!

    Jennifer Rogge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Philip, I'm in constant awe at the equanimity with which you meet and cope with the considerable stresses of your daily life. Perhaps you should conduct seminars -- so long as they don't interfere with your beach walks!

    Clem.

    ReplyDelete