Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Mandolin Orange

Monday night & Tuesday night the Jolly Roger restaurant was fortunate to have one of the newest additions to the OcraFolk festival provide evening music on the dock. Mandolin Orange, an acoustic duo consisting of Emily Frantz and Andrew Marlin, entertained diners with a melodic assortment of original and well-known tunes on fiddle, guitar, and, of course, mandolin.

Mandolin Orange was so popular at the festival that they sold out of CDs long before the weekend was over. You can listen to a bit of their music on line at
http://www.myspace.com/mandolinorange

We're looking forward to having them back on the island sometime soon!

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is "Remembering Growing up on Ocracoke" by Lawton Howard. You can read it here.

3 comments:

  1. Janessa--16 :)3:43 PM

    Hey Philip! You mentioned in an earlier post that you went to Gettysburg College--what did you study there? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janessa, my major was philosophy...my minor was religion. If I had it to do over again I'd probably major in biology.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, Phillip....if I had it to do over again...I'd want to take my hard-earned knowledge with me, if I had it to do over again...I wouldn't have been such a jerk when the cute girl in front of me in math class asked if I had a pencil....

    ReplyDelete