Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sunset

Last evening Lou Ann and I biked down to the sound shore to enjoy the sunset. A fishing trawler was working out in the sound as the setting sun turned the sky a rich, golden hue.



As the sun hid behind a bank of low lying clouds two kayakers paddled by.



Thanks to Lou Ann (who, unlike me, almost always brings her camera along).

You can click on either photo to see a larger image.

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is "Remembering Growing up on Ocracoke" by Lawton Howard. You can read it here.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:01 PM

    TGFLA
    That is Thank God for Lou Ann!
    The photos are wonderful.
    Maybe Charles and I can wave to you on the beach when we are there the end of July.
    It will be the first time in over 35 years we will be on Ocracoke without children. We will miss them but we are really looking forward to just the 2 of us.
    Sarah in Gastonia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:22 AM

    Hi Philip!

    I am Paul Czeh. I try write a lot, but this email address is wrong.(piphoward@earthlink.net) I dont know why.
    My email is czeh.pal@freemail.hu.
    If you write please you will write deutsch.

    Thanks Paul Czeh

    ReplyDelete