Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Howard Family

I wonder how many readers remember my father, Lawton Howard (1911-2002). He had an impish sense of humor that endeared him to everyone he met. If you don't remember Lawton you can read about him here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news011805.htm.

This following photo shows his family in Spring, 1912. Lawton is the baby in his mother's arms.












The photo was taken by the corner of my house on Lawton Lane.

Back row: Wheeler Howard (my father's uncle), Agatha Howard (my father's oldest sister), Aliph Howard (my father's mother), Lawton Howard, Homer Howard (my father's father).

Front row: Cordelia Howard (my father's sister), Lawrence Simpson (my father's 2nd cousin), Edward Simpson (my father's second cousin), Evans Howard (my father's brother).

Sitting, in front with dog: Marvin Howard (my father's brother).

On horse: James Enoch Howard (my father's brother).

This month's Ocracoke Newsletter is about earthquakes that have affected Ocracoke and the Outer Banks. You can read the newsletter here: http://www.villagecraftsmen.com/news092116.htm.  

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:05 PM

    A wealthy man has nothing on you.
    He would envy your rich childhood memories.
    Too bad I never met him. From all you've written
    I think I would have treasured his memory as you do.
    ~~DC

    ReplyDelete
  2. NC Mainlander6:15 AM

    I do remember your father and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this picture of our family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this picture of our family!

    ReplyDelete