Monday, October 10, 2016

Photos

Here are a few photos I took recently. As of late this afternoon there was still a lot of standing water in the village. Although power has been restored, regular ferry service has not yet resumed. Please see out last post for the latest information about ferries. Check back frequently for future Advisories.

Matthew was a serious hurricane that brought quite a lot of flooding to Ocracoke. A number of island homes and business had several inches of tide water in lower floors. Quite a few automobiles were also flooded. Damage from wind was generally minimal. However, it will be a while before those affected will fully recover.

Ammunition Dump Road
(Sunset Blvd)
Monday Afternoon, 10/10/16























Tide Markers at Village Craftsmen



Electric Crew on Back Road



















Drying out Equipment at School Shop Facility












Hurricane Debris
Ready to take to the Dump

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:50 PM

    Holy cow! Sunset is the street where the house I rented is! Guess it won't be ready this week.(?) It's ground level, and I fear it got flooded pretty good. Happy power is back on for the folks there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the pictures. I love your island and have been wondering what it looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for helping me to understand island life. Wish I were there. LOVED oink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for helping me to understand island life. Wish I were there. LOVED oink

    ReplyDelete