Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Shrimp and grits and a bowl of cheerios....

We were invited to Amy and David's for a 'shrimp and grits' brunch....that was another new experience for me. Well, I have had grits before, I think in a waffle house in Georgia once..and shrimp is always popular in the Midwest....but together????

When we arrived we were welcomed into a kitchen full of pots and pans and cooking utensils of very serious cooks (yes, David does more than play the fiddle!) The table was set with bowls of grits and shrimp and bacon and sauteed mushrooms and wonderfully mismatched pottery pieces.

The food was wonderful...we had seconds all the way around. Baby Lachlan didn't seem to mind us feasting on southern fare as he ate his strained spinach and plain yoghurt.

Ahhhhh, the cuisince of the South, I guess I am a believer.

No comments:

Post a Comment