Sunday, February 10, 2008

Books & Puzzles

I don't think I'll be lying in the dunes reading a book this afternoon, like I was yesterday. It's cooler today, and breezy. So I guess I'll just take my usual walk (with hooded sweatshirt).

I certainly have been getting a lot of reading done this past week. I haven't finished Warped Passages yet, about particle physics and string theory (it's not a book to race through), but I did read The Devil in Massachusetts, written about fifty years ago about the Salem witch trials. I was reminded how vigilant we need to be to keep from being caught up in irrational thinking.

I've read several other books, including Plato and a Platypus Walk into a Bar, Understanding Philosophy Through Jokes. It's probably the most entertaining book on Philosophy I've ever read! This morning I started Water for Elephants.

Oh yeah, I've also been doing crossword puzzles. It's quiet on the island in February!

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is inspired by an April, 1942 article about the island in The State magazine. You can read it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment