Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

It's sunny and cheery today, though on the cool side, and windy. But looking out my window, the sunlight highlighting the white picket fences, the tree limbs dappled with dancing shadows, and bright pink flowers announcing the lengthening of days, I am reminded of the power of love and kindness and caring. It just looks like Valentine's Day here on the island. If it's gloomy where you live, think of Ocracoke and let that lift your spirits. It won't be gloomy forever. I wish all of our readers a loving day connected with lovers, family, friends, and/or neighbors.

Our latest Ocracoke Newsletter is inspired by an April, 1942 article about the island in The State magazine. You can read it here.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:15 PM

    The sun is shining here too. Latest ice storm is melting but not soon enough to prevent me from ice skating out to feed the farm critters! Spent the morning working in my barn-shop listening to Molasses Creek and dreaming of our next trip to Ocracoke in May! See you then, Phillip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:55 PM

    The thought of Ocracoke always lifts my spirits. Wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete